It’s that time of year again; mid-March means [maybe] less snow and SXSW Interactive. Startups, technologists, pundits, marketers, engineers and BBQ aficionados will descend upon Austin for several days of waiting in line for panels and several nights waiting in line for parties. The Lab will be down in Austin with a crack team of scouts, strategists and content creators.
There are literally hundreds of panels to choose from, and we have our eyes on dozens and dozens of them. But for the sake of brevity, we’re going to give you our three picks for each day of the festival. These are the three panels, for each day, that we think are most worth attending.
We are making these picks through the lens of marketing and the goals of Mediabrands’ clients. There will undoubtedly be some fantastic panels on responsive web development and maybe drones. We’re here to focus on brands and audiences, and thus our picks:
Friday March 7th
- Big Data Inverted: The Best Candy from Strangers?
- The Internet of Cars
- Arena vs. Couch: The Battle of Game Day Experience
Saturday March 8th
- Welcome to the Mobile Majority: Now What?
- Being Social with Grandma: Social Media for 50+
- It’s Complicated: Teens’ Social Media Practices
Sunday March 9th
- The Soap Lady: Finding Disruptive Consumers
- Accelerating Innovation in Retail
- Crushing Second Screen: The Ultimate TV Companion
Monday March 10th
- Platforms vs. Publishers: A Big New Theory
- TV Storytelling Adapted for Twitter
- Is Online Video Killing TV?
Tuesday March 11th
- MCNs: The Next-Generation Media Companies
- Disruption of TV and the Future of “Online” Video
- Faster than Real-Time: Predictive Marketing
If you make it to these, we hope to see you there. Maybe we’ll grab some BBQ afterwards.