Over the last few years, the “connected car” and mobility services have been in a state of rapid growth: Nokia, Intel Capital, Qualcomm, CyberAgent Ventures, and others have made heavy investments into startups that are making it possible for today’s consumers to integrate features such as 3D GPS, smart fueling, enhanced gesture control, and smartphone integration in their cars.
On Tuesday, one of these funds, BMW i Ventures hosted a NY Future Mobile Meetup that brought together mobile entrepreneurs, investors, developers, and enthusiasts. The event featured five startups that are striving to reshape the mobility landscape:
- Buster: Uber for large group travel
- EverCharge: Smart charging for electric vehicles in residential areas
- SmartCar: Personalization and automation platform for connected cars
- TransitScreen: Real-time transportation information for smart cities
- Valet Anywhere: On-demand valet service for cities
We’re continuing to monitor the connected car space and look forward to seeing these startups develop.