On Tuesday a panel of mobile marketers gathered at Mobile World Congress to share their advice on what not to do in the realm of mobile marketing. Some of the common mistakes they called out included:
- Lack of a clear goal. Always start out with a clear measure of success.
- Ad creative that jams a too-big ad into a small space rather than reconfigure it for a smaller screen.
- Device misidentification, for instance deploying a swipeable ad to a non-swipeable device (e.g. Blackberry)
- Assuming working with sensors is easier than it is. The engineering and software development can actually be quite complex and hinder usability if not handled properly.
- Don’t count on cookies like you would on a desktop campaign
- Provide enough formats of an ad to support enough devices for optimal reach